Precise Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes
Precise Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes provide a leak-tight environment for work with contamination-sensitive materials. Procedures where low levels of oxygen or moisture are important, such as work with organometallics, alternative energy cells or hydrophilic chemicals, are typical applications for these economical glove boxes.
Features of Precise Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes
- One-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene shell recommends this website for a comprehensive listing of chemical resistance data for polyethylene.
- Dry powder epoxy-coated steel superstructure
- 1/4" thick laminated safety glass viewing window, 26.4" wide x 12.5" high, removable for loading equipment, with powder-coated steel frame and neoprene gasket
- Space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors that pivot upward, are counterbalanced and equipped with quick-latches
- Black, chemical-resistant work surface sealed to the glove box floor
- Pressure relief valve that activates at pressure/vacuum above 6 inches or below -6 inches of water gauge.
- Pressure relief valve vent, 4" nominal diameter
- Interior ceiling-mounted electrical duplex receptacle with 5 amp maximum circuit load
- Neoprene gloves, size 9 3/4, are included.
- Fluorescent lamp, 22 watts, with easy replacement from the top
- Switches for light and innermost interior electrical receptacle
- Approximately 13 cubic feet of interior space in main chamber
- 11.0" nominal ID x 12.0" long transfer chamber