XPert Balance Enclosures
XPert Balance Enclosures provide user protection by keeping powders, particulates and fume contained during weighing procedures. They are well suited for pharmaceutical research and other laboratory applications involving weighing of toxic substances. These vented balance safety enclosures may be ducted to the outside or connected to the FilterMate Portable Exhauster to be exhausted back into the laboratory through HEPA filters, carbon filters, or a combination of both HEPA and carbon filters.
Features of XPert Balance Enclosures
- Low profile fits in tight spaces
- Deep 23" or 30" interior easily accommodates large micro and analytical balances
- Patented air foil allows air to sweep the work surface for maximum containment
- Upper containment sash foil bleeds air into the enclosure to direct concentrations of contaminants away from the operator's breathing zone
- Upper dilution air supply introduces room air at the top of the sash to dilute concentrations in the upper chamber and bathes the back of the sash with clean air
- Patented rear baffle with zones of perforations promotes horizontal laminar airflow to maximize containment. Airflow openings pull inflow air from under the air foil so that clean air continually flows over the air foil creating a constant barrier of protection from contaminants
- Side-entry air foils allow air to sweep across the interior glass surfaces to enhance containment
- Sturdy glacier white and gray, dry powder epoxy-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle dissipate static charge and provide durability and better corrosion resistance compared to acrylic models. No unreliable plastic-to-plastic bonding is used
- Tempered safety glass front sash, sides and top offer excellent visibility, ambient light and protection. Glass provides improved fire, scratch and corrosion resistance than acrylic and dissipates static charge.